Six months ago I moved home to Wichita from my heart's home in Tulsa, OK. The months that have followed that move have been some of the hardest I can remember, but they've also been filled with new community, old support groups, and dear friends. During them I was nothing but frustrated, but looking back, it was a good time of wrestling. 20/20 right?
2 1/2 weeks ago I was, once again, looking at job postings and the first listing was from Main Place Youth. A quick Google search quickly told me this was the job I'd been waiting for. I called the next morning for more information, had an interview the next day and was hired that night. If that series of events doesn't point to a God who's intimately involved in our lives, I don't know what does.
This job opening up was such a cool reminder of who God is and how concerned with us He is. I'm sad to be leaving some really great community in Wichita, but luckily I'll only be an hour away.
While in Kingman, I'll be working as a house parent in a girls' home for girls ages 12-18. Some of these girls are former prostitutes, addicts, cutters, trafficking victims, etc. Jesus is the only answer to the pain they've had to shoulder in their short lives. I can't wait to be His hands and feet. I can only imagine what I'm in for as I do life with these girls, prayers are always appreciated!
Love,
J

I can't think of a ministry for which you would be better suited. Yea God! You aren't too far from my church south of Sterling.
ReplyDelete